The Directors of OBR are committed to continual improvement of their Environmental Management System to protect the natural environment and control pollution.
The company recognises that desired environmental standards are only achievable with the help of a skilled and motivated workforce.
The company will:
• Ensure we conduct our business in a manner that conserves the environment, minimises pollution and reduces our carbon footprint.
- We achieve this by using cement replacement GGBS or Fly ash in concrete wherever practical.
- Reduce the number of weekly deliveries to every site and order in Bulk
• Comply with the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and associated regulations and approved codes of practice.
• Commit to the prevention of pollution and protecting the environment by striving to prevent and minimise our contribution to pollution of land, air, and water.
• Introduce the use of space for segregation and storage of waste during the life of projects and measured term contracts.
• Support the use of reclaimed materials and selection of environmentally preferable materials in accordance with good practice guidance.
• Consider end of life re-cycling options for all construction materials.
• Conserving water resources through designing for increased water efficiency in larger building projects. Monitor the use of water conservation at HQ.
• Continually strive to improve and review objective and targets annually.
• Communicate the policy to all staff and relevant stakeholders and sub-contractors and enhance awareness through training programmes.
The policy statement will be regularly reviewed, updated as necessary and discussed at the company’s annual review. The directors endorse this policy statement and are fully committed to the implementation of the policy and to comply with all regulatory requirements.
Paul Kelly, Bowmer + Kirkland
OBR formed the core, Ground Floor transfer slab and other ancillary concrete works on a fifteen storey office project in Coventry City centre between 2021 and 2022. OBR executed the works all to a very tight programme and were found to be very proactive and have a good eye for quality and detailing on the Project. OBR were extremely user friendly and I could not recommend them more highly.